Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thoughts & Bible Verse

       Tonight I write with mixed emotions. We started the morning off on a very sad note, with my Nanny in ICU, on life support. However, by this evening she was somewhat responsive (even with sedation) and taking some breaths on her own, which was very encouraging.
        I was thinking about what kind of bible verse I wanted to post, and at first I thought about sorrow. I looked for a moment, but didn't see one. Then I thought, that's because I shouldn't post a verse on sorrow. I should post one on joy. I am joyful for my grandmother and for her life. For the fact that she is still here with us and was showing improvement. The verse I found fit perfectly with how I felt.
                           1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
We might wonder how someone can rejoice or be joyful all the time, especially during painful or difficult experiences. But unlike happiness, which is based on circumstances, joy is a positive and confident outlook on life, despite our circumstances. Knowing that God is in control and that his love surrounds us gives security and confidence. No matter what happens, we should delight in God and praise him for his goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment