Friday, July 22, 2011

First Things First

         So I sat down this morning to begin my bible study, with nothing particular in mind, & before you know it, I was easily distracted & had begun something else on my blog that I had WANTED to do. The devil can come in and take hold of us before we even realize it. It is so easy to get off track from what we NEED to be doing, and turned onto what we WANT to be doing.                                                                               

       "Idle hands are the devils handiwork." I'm sure most all of us have heard that at some point. We are to do first what NEEDS to be done, then rest, play, etc. I got carried away with what didn't need to be done before I did what should have been done. I'm sure we are all guilty of putting things off that we could/should be doing. I know I for one, need to prioritize, and put first things first!

These are the scriptures that I searched this morning on idleness:

1 Thessalonians 4:11 - Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you.
1 Thessalonians 4:12 - so that  your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
2 Thessalonians 3:10 - For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "if a man will not work, he shall not eat."
2 Thessalonians 3:11 - We hear that some among you are idle.  They are not busy; they are busybodies.
2 Thessalonians 3:12 - Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat.
Romans 12:11 - Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervour, serving the Lord.
Proverbs 10:4 - Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth.
Proverbs 10:5 - He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.
Ephesians 4:28 - He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment